Funnell's Electrical Pty Ltd
(ABN 26 001 251 672)
Your privacy is important to us
Collecting and keeping your information safe
Funnell's Electrical collects and retains personal information including your name, address, telephone number, credit card details, email address, age, gender, and occupation. Sometimes we may take a video or a photographic image of you. We are committed to keeping your information safe. We use appropriate security measures and technology to protect your personal information.
We use your information in providing products and services, processing your payment, and security. You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However without this information we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our services, or we may not be able to provide you with a full range of payment options.
Sharing your information
To help us provide services to you, we may need to furnish your personal information to other organisations (such as credit reference companies). If we need to furnish another organisation with access to your personal information, we require that organisation to keep the personal information secure, and to use it only for the appropriate purpose. We will not sell or trade your information to another organisation without your consent.
Funnell's Electrical takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, and up to date. To a large extent the accuracy of that information depends on the information you provide. To help us keep your personal information up to date, please let us know of any changes to your personal details.
Funnell's Electrical aims to provide you with a full range of its services, products and options. From time to time Funnell's Electrical may notify you about additional products or services. You may ask us not to receive information on these additional products and services by contacting Funnell's Electrical's privacy officer.
Our conduct under this policy is governed by the following principles.
You can access your personal information
- Requests for access are treated seriously.
- Requests will be dealt with promptly, and confidentially.
- Your request to access your personal information will neither affect your existing obligations nor any arrangements between you and Funnell's Electrical.
Funnell's Electrical will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of, and receive copies or print-outs of the personal information which Funnell's Electrical holds about you.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, please contact Funnell's Electrical's privacy officer at 5 Kirkham Street Narellan 2567.
To obtain access you must provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals, and that the privacy of others is not undermined.
Funnell's Electrical reserves the right to charge you a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
When will access be denied?
Access will be denied if:
Where possible, Funnell's Electrical will favour providing access. Funnell's Electrical may do so by providing access to the appropriate parts of the record, or by using an appropriate intermediary.
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request;
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of a person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous and vexatious;
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request;
- access would be unlawful;
- denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
- access discloses a commercially sensitive decision-making process or information; or
- the refusal is justified by the National Privacy Principles.
A dispute about the right, or forms, of access will be dealt with in accordance with Funnell's Electrical's grievance policy.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 30 days of your request. If the request is not complicated, or does not require access to a large amount of information, we will try to provide the information within 14 days.
How we handle privacy complaints Introduction
Funnell's Electrical understands the importance of privacy to Funnell's Electrical, its customers and other stakeholders. Funnell's Electrical is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This is part of Funnell's Electrical's:
Funnell's Electrical places a high priority on effectively dealing with complaints about privacy.
- legal obligations under Privacy Act 1988 (Cwlth);
- ethical and business obligations; and
- service to you.
Funnell's Electrical's conduct under its privacy complaints policy is governed by the following principles.
Who may complain under this policy?
- Complaints are treated seriously.
- Complaints will be dealt with promptly, and confidentially.
- A privacy complaint will neither affect your existing obligations nor any commercial arrangements between you and Funnell's Electrical.
If you have provided Funnell's Electrical with personal information, then you are entitled to:-
What is a privacy complaint?
- make a complaint;
- have your complaint investigated; and
- have your complaint dealt with under Funnell's Electrical's privacy complaints policy.
A privacy complaint relates to a concern or dispute you have with our privacy practices as it relates to your personal information. This could include matters such as:
What do I do if I have a complaint about privacy practices?
- how your personal information is collected;
- how your personal information is stored;
- how your personal information is used or disclosed; and
- how access is provided.
If possible Funnell's Electrical resolves grievances at the local level. If you have a complaint about Funnell's Electrical's privacy practices, please contact Funnell's Electrical's privacy officer.
All complaints will be logged on Funnell's Electrical's database/complaints register.
You may complain orally or in writing. Usually Funnell's Electrical's privacy officer is the appropriate person to discuss or resolve your complaint. If your privacy complaint is not resolved, the matter will then be referred to the next level of management.
Funnell's Electrical's grievance policy seeks to achieve an effective resolution of your complaint within a reasonable time.
After your complaint has been made, the following steps may occur.
- Request further information
- Funnell's Electrical may request further information from you. You should be prepared to give as much details as possible, including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable Funnell's Electrical to investigate your complaint, and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
- Funnell's Electrical will discuss options for resolution. If you have suggestions about how the matter might be resolved, you should discuss these with Funnell's Electrical. Funnell's Electrical may suggest different solutions, or may offer examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different manner.
Discussion with any other parties
- Your complaint may be investigated. Funnell's Electrical will try to do so within 72 hours, or as quickly as possible. Sometimes Funnell's Electrical may need to contact other parties as part of its investigation.
- If your complaint deals with the conduct of an employee, Funnell's Electrical will discuss the matter with the employee concerned, and seek the employee's comments and input in the resolution of the complaint, and Funnell's Electrical's investigation.
The complaint is resolved
- If your complaint can't be resolved, it will be referred to the next appropriate level of management. Funnell's Electrical will discuss this with you before the referral.
If your complaint is not substantiated, or cannot be resolved to your reasonable satisfaction, but Funnell's Electrical's policy has been followed, the decision of Funnell's Electrical's management will be final. Funnell's Electrical will discuss with you the reason for Funnell's Electrical's decision.If there is still disagreement, your complaint will be dealt with by a mutually agreed independent intermediary.If after all of the above steps have been followed your complaint is unresolved, you may refer your complaint formally to the Federal Office of the Privacy Commissioner. Records
- If your complaint is found to be substantiated, Funnell's Electrical will inform you of the reason for the decision. Funnell's Electrical will then take appropriate steps to resolve the complaint, and prevent the problem from recurring.
Funnell's Electrical will keep a record of your complaint and the outcome.
Funnell's Electrical will not reply to anonymous complaints. Anonymous complaints cannot be investigated properly or followed up.
If an anonymous complaint is received, Funnell's Electrical will consider the complaint, and attempt to resolve the issues appropriately. For example, Funnell's Electrical may conduct further training of its staff, officers, or associates.
If you would like further information on Funnell's Electrical's policies, please contact Funnell's Electrical's privacy officer at 5 Kirkham Street Narellan 2567 or 02 4648 3244.